Scroll to content
Sketty Primary School home page

Sketty Primary School

Ysgol Gynradd Sgeti

Be the best you can be!

Gwnewch eich gorau glas!

NHS Children's care and support services

If your child is on the pathway for ASD or has a diagnosis of Global developmental delay and you are having problems with toilet training, please call the Child Development team on 01639 862797. 



Children and young people's care and support services


If you're worried about your child's development or wellbeing and you think they need extra support, speak to their GP, health visitor, teacher or nursery worker first.


Ask for advice about what to do next to help your child. If you or your child needs more significant support, contact the children's services team at your local council for a needs assessment.


Visit the following site for advice



Needs assessments


A needs assessment is carried out by the children's services team at your local council and determines if your child needs more specialised support.

Children's services must work with you when making decisions about your child, so discuss with them the type of help that would best meet the needs of your family.

Apply for a needs assessment on GOV.UK



Family support


Family support can include help looking after your child, such as:

  • day care for children under 5 years old
  • help with parenting – such as parenting classes
  • courses or family support workers
  • practical home help
  • access to a Children's Centre

Support services may also be provided by education or health authorities, or by voluntary organisations.

Many of these services are available to all families. Check your local council's website to see what's available in your area.

You may also find support from these charities:



Children with special educational needs and disabilities


Additional help is available for parents and children with special educational needs and disabilities.